Dreamlight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dreamlight is a forum with a wide-range of different types of roleplays. We accept beginners to expert roleplayers! Just remember to have fun and that everything in the roleplay forum is fictional.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance

Go down 
+3
RoseReveries
NotteEterna
IveliaDusk
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
NotteEterna

NotteEterna

Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance   Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 3:21 am

Noticing the change in Amari's next move, Gale quickly inverted his blade and thrust it into the deck. Before he could even ask what was going on, he saw a lady stubble into what was just a fight.

"Mi'lady? You should really be more careful.", he said to the girl that had appeared. "That was stupid to say.. She would appear drunk. Disappointed, Gale let out a sigh.
Back to top Go down
RoseReveries

RoseReveries

PostSubject: Re: Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance   Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 4:22 am

Lilly looked in awe at both of the people who had suddenly stopped their fight. She heard one of them say something about being more careful, but it quickly left her mind. She stood up and raced over to the side of the boat, not being able to contain her sickness anymore.

"Ugh... I'm not sure I like the sea all that much..." She said, clinging to the railing and trying to keep from falling over. She tried stumbling back towards the stairs, but she fell backwards and her vision fell into a haze. Lilly tried standing once more, but her vision went black.
Back to top Go down
Helskyth

Helskyth

PostSubject: Re: Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance   Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:36 am

Seamus watched from where he stood with the Captain as the girl he'd met earlier, Lily, stumbled right into the middle of the duel.

Expertly, both combatants diverted their attacks and disengaged before she fell between them. It was very lucky. Before Seamus could think more, Lily had run over to the side of the ship and began to throw up.
Following which, she stumbled a bit more before collapsing.

A bit shocked, and partially not aware of himself due to driking, Seamus vaulted over towards Lily to make sure she was okay. "Lileeeei," he mused drunkily, "You've not been looking well! But you shouldn't sleep 'ere! 'Cause you could roll off~"
Back to top Go down
http://www.studiowisp.com
IveliaDusk

IveliaDusk

PostSubject: Re: Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance   Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 2:50 pm

Captain Hawk was relieved when the two fighters stopped in time but a bit peeved that Lilly had obviously lost her sealegs. She only grew concerned when the lass passed out, and Seamus ran over to her. She made her way over as well, grabbing Seamus by the jaw. "Mr. Finnigan. I do not tolerate severe drunkenness on my ship when the sun is still up. Don't let me see your Fae until youve sobered up."

Ivelia scowled and hefted up the unconscious girl so that she was sitting with her back against the rails of the ship. "Lilly, wake up." She shook the lass a bit and felt for a fever. "She's sick alright. Gale! Make a broth." She hoisted the girl into her arms and carried her down the steps and set her in her hammock, ignoring the pain where her stitches were pulling. "You. Take care of her." She ordered a crew member and went back up to the deck.
Back to top Go down
NotteEterna

NotteEterna

PostSubject: Re: Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance   Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 4:23 pm

Everything seemed to be a blur at first. At the captain's word, he realized that this Lilly lass was not drunk, but seasick. "Yes, madam! Seeing the captain moving her while she herself was in no condition made Gale let sighed and muttered to himself: "There is a difference between strength and stupidity.."

Hurrying down to the kitchen, he quickly found what he was looking for; ginger. "Alright, now ginger broth, ginger broth. At sea? Make it sweet~!", Gale sang softly to himself. "Basil, Stevia, and Rosemary too~ Such a lovely Bouquet Garni~!"

"hmmm... it'd be nice to give a lass a bouquet that isn't made of herbs for a change.. Though, I suppose that this sort is more helpful. Still sweet too." The thought made him laugh a bit. "Of course, not nearly the same 'sweet' that flowers would be."
Back to top Go down
IveliaDusk

IveliaDusk

PostSubject: Re: Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance   Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 11:39 pm

Ivelia made her way down to the kitchen. "May I sit here? I enjoy watching people cook. And dont call me madam or ma'am. It's either Captain or Sir. I am just as fearsome, strong and stubborn as any man." She sat upon a barrel of oranges and bit into an apple, wiping the juices off her lips.

"What sort of broth are you making and why?" She wasn't being critical, but curious. Before he could answer, she was analyzing his build. He had good shoulders, a strong back, and muscular arms. "If I made you up, you'd definitely pass as a captain. You see, when we port at a civilian port, I can't go around dressed like this. It'd be suspicious. So I have to act my sex and blend in. Everyone gets suspicious because no one can talk to the captain of the ship. But you'd make a good decoy."
Back to top Go down
NotteEterna

NotteEterna

PostSubject: Re: Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance   Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 11:58 pm

Gale was getting a bit embarrassed. Not only did she probably hear his singing, but she was even checking him out. "She either heard me, or she is simply as foolish as any woman."

Without looking up, he answered her. "Sorry, sir. My mistake... But, me your decoy? Would you at least be nearby for the first few times so I don't screw up? I've never been a captain.." This was getting a tad awkward.. and the broth still had several minutes. "Crrrap.. Where is a distraction when you need one..."

Last edited by NotteEterna on Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Helskyth

Helskyth

PostSubject: Re: Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance   Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:02 am

Before he'd realised it, the Captain had taken Seamus by the jaw and pulled him to face her. Angrily, she ordered him to sober up and cease heavy drinking during the day-hour; but the words passed through Seamus as at that brief moment, all he could notice was how close the Captain's face was to his own, and the rather delicate and beautiful femanine features upon it.

he quickly snapped out of his revere as the Captian started to help Lily up and take her away to rest.
"Aye Mi' Captain. Won't happen again."

He looked down at teh bottle in his hand, then shrugged and without warning passed it the 1st mate nearby. "Here, you look like you've earned a nice drink"
He then wandered off.

He began to wonder if Lily would recover soon enough, and remembered the days when he too would get a bit seasick. He used to use a type of flower, chopped up and brewed like a tea, and wondered if he had any somewhere by his own cot.
He smiled happily at the idea and went below deck to search through his things.
"Ahah!" he exlcaimed as he pulled out a jar with some still preseved Chicory in it.

Jar in hand, he made his way to the kitchen to give to the cook so he could make use of it, but as he arrived he walked in on the captain and cook having what seemed an important conversation.
Back to top Go down
KyokoYei

KyokoYei

PostSubject: Re: Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance   Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 11:24 pm

Amari warily took the bottle that he handed him. "Um, thanks." He gazed at it and set it down and walked to see if Lily was okay.
Randomly, he walked to the kitchen on his way there and nearly tripped over some boxes that had slid around. He felt his face get red as he clenched his jaw hoping that no one saw that. Amari regained his composure and looked around embarrassed.
Back to top Go down
IveliaDusk

IveliaDusk

PostSubject: Re: Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance   Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 11:37 pm

"Like hell I'd leave you alone when you're what my reputation rests on." The Captain scowled a bit and left him to his work. On her way up the stairs she met Seamus. "Have you sobered at all, Mr. Finnigan?" She left the question hanging as she walked off.

The crew was doing everything needed, and sailing was smooth. So Ivelia naturally began to climb the riggings. She found her way up the ropes and took off her hat, letting the sea wing whip her hair about her. "Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.." she hummed to herself.

They would be coming upon a small, inconsequential fishing village soon, and theyd plunder thier hearts out there. Sounded fun.
Back to top Go down
NotteEterna

NotteEterna

PostSubject: Re: Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance   Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 12:13 am

"Was it something I said?" Gale pondered as he watched the captain leave. "Even when she's angry, there is something to that walk..." He heard the captain address a Mr.Finnigan and then saw who he assumed was said person enter.

"That was a tad uncalled for on her--..., he cut his own sentence short when he saw what the man was holding. "Sir, is that Chicory? Come in, come in." As he said so, Gale thought he heard a thud of some sort close by. "Someone should really tie those crates down.."
Back to top Go down
Helskyth

Helskyth

PostSubject: Re: Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance   Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 12:44 am

The Captain walked off before Seamus could make any proper answer. He let out a soft sigh as he continued to proceed down the stairs.

"I've hardly had a drop~ And she was drinking too. Perks of the Capatain."

He spotted the man he'd been watching Swordfight earlier as he begun to address him.

"A-aye. I it is Chicory... I though since the Captain order you to make something for Lily... Maybe she'd like some Tea brewed from this, It always got my sea legs going." He spoke, feeling slightly less sociably stable now he'd stopped drinking.

He heard a thus nearby as he handed the Chicory over, and heard what he thought was a pained groan.
"Is... Is someone back there?"
Back to top Go down
KyokoYei

KyokoYei

PostSubject: Re: Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance   Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 1:51 pm

((Wak. I'll revive this.))
Amari stood up straight and peaked over the doorway. "Ah, sorry. The boxes tried to kidnap me." He said apologetically with a small smile.
He walked into the room fully. "Is there rope that I can use to tie them down? This is the third time I've tripped." He said, slightly embarrassed.
Back to top Go down
IveliaDusk

IveliaDusk

PostSubject: Re: Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance   Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 11:16 am

Ivelia looked through her spyglass and gasped at what she saw. "All hands on deck! Get to your battle stations! The Treader is on the horizon, and I want her at the bottom of the ocean!" She bellowed. She ran down the steps to the kitchen. "Gentlemen, there's purple sails approaching with a nasty fight. The Treader is coming."

She ran back up the steps and into her quarters. She slid on her father's hat, his gun belt, his sword, and his jacket. The coat had been tailored to fit her and not look ridiculous. She stood at the wheel of the ship, a feeling settling deep into her bones. Either that bloody captain of the Treader was going to die, or she was.
Back to top Go down
KyokoYei

KyokoYei

PostSubject: Re: Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance   Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 3:09 pm

((Awesome! Fight scene!))
Amari stood at attention at her order and ran into the barracks to gather his sword and ran to Ivelia. "Would you like me to lower the anchor?" He asked quickly staring warily at the oncoming ship.

Amari just hopped that after this battle was over no one would be dead on their side. He'd gone through many battle and lost many people, but he didn't want to lose anyone on this ship. He knew what he had to do.

((Derp, that last paragraph was cheesy. Sad Just pretend it was something cool.))
Back to top Go down
NotteEterna

NotteEterna

PostSubject: Re: Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance   Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 12:35 am

"Damn it, why now? You with the Chicory, hurry with that tea. You may be needed above." Without waiting for a reply, Gale turned back to the now finished broth and looked for a bowl. Once he had one, he poured in the contents and rushed off for the Lilly girl.

Panting, Gale looked at the girl he had run to. "Miss, drink this." Unsure if she was even awake, he placed it on the ground and sat beside it. "The men are preparing for a battle above, but.. until you are better, I have my own to attend, I suppose. Hmm.. Without a doctor, I guess have to make due as the help." Gale sighed when he realized how much he was rambling. "Anyway, you'll have some tea soon too."
Back to top Go down
IveliaDusk

IveliaDusk

PostSubject: Re: Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance   Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 1:04 am

Ivelia nodded to Amari in reply. Keeping at the wheel, she yelled to the crew again. "load the canons! She's in range now!" The canons were quickly loaded. "Fire!!" Several of the canon balls smashed into the side of the ship, but they fired back. They didn't land anything major, but the carved mermaid on the bow of the ship was blown off.

"They blasted off my mermaid! They'll pay for that!!" She spat, looking through the eyeglass at their ship. "There he is..damn him! Captain Cyrus Night, and he's wearing my father's boots!" She scowled and ordered the canons to fire again. The Treader wa getting closer quickly.

"Kill them all, but of they have a doctor, keep him alive! Leave the captain for me!"
Back to top Go down
Helskyth

Helskyth

PostSubject: Re: Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance   Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 1:17 am

The sudden order to go to arms wad almost as startling as when the First Mate had suddenly stumbled over the crates before. The other man told him to hurry with the tea, but his mind screamed now for him to drop everything else and take action.
But Lily needed help too,l and if the tea helped get her on her feet sooner, she'd be able to at least defend herself.

He quickly finished brewing up the tea, then with a steaming pot ran to where Lily was resting. Cannon fire boomed throughout the ship as the Empress unleashed its first salvo; then in the distance a nearly as loud thunder answered back. He heard wood shatter as the enemies rounds hit not far from where he was.

"Lily, drink slowly, its hot, and keep your head down!" He turned heel and ran for the main deck without a second though. The sounds of battle triggered his Navy senses, and once more he entered his zone. In the distance, the enemy ship had closed its distance, and he could see them redying rifles.
Ivelia roared her commands with evident signs of blood lust and fury. He'd heard her mention the Treader before. Maybe today he'd find out why it mattered so much to her.

Without giving it a second thought, he snatched up a gun and a sword and opened fire.
Back to top Go down
NotteEterna

NotteEterna

PostSubject: Re: Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance   Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 2:13 am

Gale saw a book nearby that read "BASIC FIRST-AID AND MEDICINE". "Hmm.. Is this lass a nurse? " He chuckled at the thought of a sea-sick nurse. "Well, let's have a look through here. Maybe I'll be able to assist in this field as well." With his mind set, Gale began to read the book.

Above deck, there was the sound of guns and cannons. The noise made concentraiting difficult, but Gale was set to learn more. "Lilly, I almost envy how soundly you can sleep amoungst this noise." He looked at the sleeping girl and sighed. "But, I am a pawn who must be alert to the slightest movement."
Back to top Go down
RoseReveries

RoseReveries

PostSubject: Re: Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance   Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:19 am

"Who's there?" Lilly muttered upon waking. Her vision was still blurry from her sleepy haze. It appeared to be a man, he had picked up her first-aid book and was reading it. He was sitting next to a bowl of something that smelled delicious.

She couldn't believe that she had gotten seasick already, and from the noise she could tell something must be happening up on deck. Once again, she was useless.
Back to top Go down
IveliaDusk

IveliaDusk

PostSubject: Re: Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance   Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 9:08 am

Captain Hawk let go of the wheel as the anchor dropped, and loaded herself with weapons. There were twin daggers in her boots, two swords at her hips, and 6 pistols strapped to her body in various places.

The Treader was now beside them, and planks were being lowered to go across to the other ship. One man swung over on a rope and landed in front of Ivelia. With one quick upwards motions, she broke his nose and shoved the pieces into his brain. He fell over board, and all was silent for a moment. The first casualty. "Attack!" she bellowed, and the silence was shattered by the sounds of metal on metal and guns going off.

Ivelia waited for a moment, examining the opposing crew. The captain was out of sight, and he was her prize. She was like a hunter going after a prized buck.
Back to top Go down
KyokoYei

KyokoYei

PostSubject: Re: Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance   Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 6:20 pm

Amari rushed over to where the anchor was and began to drop it off the deck before rushing to one of the planks lowered on the handlebar and trying to lift it off the deck with little success.
He pulled out his sword and easily blocked an attack on him from the side. Within a few motions he had disarmed the man and pushed him off board. He was a pirate, but he only killed if he had to.
Back to top Go down
NotteEterna

NotteEterna

PostSubject: Re: Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance   Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 6:35 pm

"Just the cook, Gale Blackwater. There is tea and broth for you." After saying so, he set down the book and picked up the two in each hand. "Don't worry yourself about what's above, just eat up; you'll feel better."

Gale got up and kicked a box over to her cot and set the food down on it. That done, he then turned and showed her the sword he kept on his side. "Miss Lilly, you can relax, this is the safest place on the ship."
Back to top Go down
RoseReveries

RoseReveries

PostSubject: Re: Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance   Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 6:46 pm

Lilly stared blankly at Gale, who appeared to be trying to convince her that he was going to protect her or somesuch. "Wasn't this the guy in the sword fight that I ran into?"

She shakily tried to grab the cup of tea that he had moved onto a crate, but she was too weak to even bring it to her lips. She tried but she dropped the cup onto the floor, shattering it and spilling its contents everywhere. "I'm so sorry!" She exclaimed.
Back to top Go down
Helskyth

Helskyth

PostSubject: Re: Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance   Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 3:38 am

An enemy lunged forth as the battle became close quarter. Seamus let loose a shot from his gun, and took to the defencive against teh attacker. The bullet managed to hit his target, but it wasn't enough to drop him; though it certainly slowed his attacks, and with a successfully parry he toppled back and was dealt a killing blow.

Seamus wasn't the most able swordsmen ob board, and he knew it. Despite the prior military training, his studies and profession at the time never really took him to many duels. But he knew enough to keep on the defence and with a little luck, stay alive.

He took an opening to snatch a pistol from the dead pirate's holster and ready its aim. "At least this is one thing I can do perfectly fine." he mused to himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance   Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pirates! Action, Adventure, and Romance
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next