Dreamlight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dreamlight is a forum with a wide-range of different types of roleplays. We accept beginners to expert roleplayers! Just remember to have fun and that everything in the roleplay forum is fictional.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What makes a good role play?

Go down 
+2
RoseReveries
KyokoYei
6 posters
AuthorMessage
KyokoYei

KyokoYei

What makes a good role play? Empty
PostSubject: What makes a good role play?   What makes a good role play? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 2:01 am

So, what exactly makes a good role play? Is it the good plot? The good characters? Yaoi?
So, as an avid role player, what do you think makes a good role play? And how do you help keep a role play from dying?
Back to top Go down
RoseReveries

RoseReveries

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good role play?   What makes a good role play? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 3:21 am

I think what makes a good roleplay is everyone having fun! Really in every roleplay I've ever been in, it dies because all but a few people really stop having fun in it. There was this one I remember, where two of the characters would have like 2 page long romantic scenes, and no one else really got to post anything... That was really what killed it for everyone I think. It's not any fun if everyone isn't involved to me^^
Back to top Go down
DarkRosa
Admin
DarkRosa

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good role play?   What makes a good role play? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 3:33 am

I agree with Rose. It's alright if theres some romance in it, but not enough to where one scene takes that long. It was really annoying having to read all of it without being able to post at all. If the RP is going to be based on romance it should have a lot of players in it so that there would be more drama to add or whatever. But seeing as how most romance RPs are mixed in with other genres then theres not that much of a problem with it. Thats one reason why I tend to stay away from School RPs now. All that those consist of is going to the different classes and causing drama, etc. It gets boring and repetitive after awhile. But the main poit is for everyone to have fun...as long as spelling is correct. lol

I think I rambled on too much~
Back to top Go down
https://dreamlight.forumur.net
Helskyth

Helskyth

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good role play?   What makes a good role play? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 3:59 am

Agreeing with Rose and Rosa; if no-ones having fun, or there's too much focus on a romantic development between some players, then it starts to break down. Particulary, when two people keep having interactions non-stop between each other, ostrasizing other players from the narrative in doing so.

If an RP is to be successful; people need to collaborate together, be inventive, put some thought and care into their turn, as well as for those playing with them; and make sure that they make the most of the universe the RP gives them, rather than stick to the same bit of repetive clihe and plot over and over.

Personally, I also think it helps to sustain a RP when people avoid sticking to one line dialouges and such when they could be taking some advantage and describing how their character's feeling, or if they enter a scene, what observations they have of the scene around them, to better draw in outsidfe readeras, and other RP's into the scene or world around them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.studiowisp.com
NotteEterna

NotteEterna

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good role play?   What makes a good role play? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:58 pm

RoseReveries wrote:
I remember, where two of the characters would have like 2 page long romantic scenes

I thought it was one ten-page one. >_>

Anyway~ I agree with Shea, Rose, and Rosa.

Everyone having fun is the main key to a good RP. And of course, detailed but not over-bearing posts.

Helskyth wrote:

If an RP is to be successful; people need to collaborate together, be inventive, put some thought and care into their turn, as well as for those playing with them; and make sure that they make the most of the universe the RP gives them.

Me and Shea are good for this. xD
Back to top Go down
IveliaDusk

IveliaDusk

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good role play?   What makes a good role play? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 11:17 am

Another thing! It totally ruins it when a few characters never leave each other, and then they go where no one can talk to them. Or when characters just get left in the dust.
Back to top Go down
DarkRosa
Admin
DarkRosa

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good role play?   What makes a good role play? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 12:12 am

IveliaDusk wrote:
Another thing! It totally ruins it when a few characters never leave each other, and then they go where no one can talk to them. Or when characters just get left in the dust.

I have had tha happen quite a few times. lol I hate it when people leave mine behind. Sometimes Im too busy to come on until night-time, which sucks at times.
Back to top Go down
https://dreamlight.forumur.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good role play?   What makes a good role play? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What makes a good role play?
Page 1 of 1