Dreamlight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dreamlight is a forum with a wide-range of different types of roleplays. We accept beginners to expert roleplayers! Just remember to have fun and that everything in the roleplay forum is fictional.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anime Appreciation\Recommendaton Thread

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pierrot

Pierrot

Anime Appreciation\Recommendaton Thread Empty
PostSubject: Anime AppreciationRecommendaton Thread   Anime Appreciation\Recommendaton Thread Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 9:00 pm

The title says it all.

I've been into a lot of anime recently, especially the ones that were released this year. Sword Art Online, Joshiraku and Campione! really have me going. Especially SAO. Other than those, I'm into this anime called Myself; Yourself. It's a bit similar to Clannad, 'cause both have drama elements to them. Tragedy also plays some role but the comedy makes up for it. It's a real nice anime so I recommend it to those who watched and loved Clannad, and to those unaware of Clannad as well.

When it comes to comedy, Geijutsuka Art Design Class is a pretty random anime yet filled with hilarity. It also teaches you a bit about art since it focuses on art students. Quite the fun anime. Then comes Papa no Iukoto; not exactly your usual comedy but it's a real nice story. It's got me going, so it might get you going too. (b '-')b It's about a college student who loses his sister and decides to take of her kids because he thinks that "a family should always stay together".

So, that's about it. Now let's hear your recommendations for anime 'cause I (and I'm sure many else) require some good anime to watch.
Back to top Go down
http://basilmeer.deviantart.com/
DarkRosa
Admin
DarkRosa

PostSubject: Re: Anime Appreciation\Recommendaton Thread   Anime Appreciation\Recommendaton Thread Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:07 pm

Ive never heard of any of those beides Clannad @.@ thanks for this thread though~

I've been watching a lot of Fairy Tail lately ^^ I really enjoy it. It has your usual drama, comedy, and magic all wrapped into one anime. But I have also gotten into Ouran High School Host Club...thats a mouthful x.x Anyway~ as you can already tell its a comedy~ Theres some romance in it, but not as much as Special A or Kaichou Wa Maid-Sama. Both of those are romance comedys that I have enjoyed. Theres also Wallflower, i'm not sure what the japenese name for it is though. But this show is hilarious with this creepy girl that can be rather...disturbing.

If you're more into action theres always Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Trigun, and Fullmetal Alchemist are some. I don't watch a whole lot of just action though, which sucks really. A few others that I would recomend would be: Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok, Escaflowne, Inuyasha, Chrono Crusade, Utawarerumono. I'm not sure about the correct spelling on that last one, but I liked it. Escaflowne has a series out and a movie, if youre interested in mecha. Mythical Detective is one of my all-time favorites along with a few others. Its a mystery anime that has a little bit of romance i think.
This is all I can think of at the moment, but if I come up with more I'll post again! ^^
Back to top Go down
https://dreamlight.forumur.net
Pierrot

Pierrot

PostSubject: Re: Anime Appreciation\Recommendaton Thread   Anime Appreciation\Recommendaton Thread Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 10:57 pm

I've read the name Escaflowne a lot recently. Need to look into that. And Utawarerumono! How could I forget about it? I feel ashamed to call myself an otaku! D:

But anyway, did you know that it was based off of an eroge? All the H-rated scenes were removed though. Same with Princess Lover!, which was also an anime based off of an eroge. I'm curious as to how both of these eroges will play. I know that Utawarerumono includes battles as well, but I want to know the original flow of the story. Some essential elements are most often lost while turning an eroge or a manga into an anime. Also, you guys should check out Hyouka. It's fantastic. (b '-')b
Back to top Go down
http://basilmeer.deviantart.com/
Helskyth

Helskyth

PostSubject: Re: Anime Appreciation\Recommendaton Thread   Anime Appreciation\Recommendaton Thread Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 1:12 am

Pierrot wrote:
The title says it all.

...I've been into a lot of anime recently, especially the ones that were released this year. Sword Art Online, Joshiraku and Campione! really have me going. Especially SAO.....

I started watching that last night. I'm quite loving it so far how its able to maintain a cheerful and fun-going atmosphere within a fantasy setting; but still be able to successfully blend in some rather serious topics into it without diverting or ruining the main narrative.
Back to top Go down
http://www.studiowisp.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anime Appreciation\Recommendaton Thread   Anime Appreciation\Recommendaton Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anime Appreciation\Recommendaton Thread
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dreamlight :: General Chat :: Forum Chat-
Jump to: