Dreamlight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dreamlight is a forum with a wide-range of different types of roleplays. We accept beginners to expert roleplayers! Just remember to have fun and that everything in the roleplay forum is fictional.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pirates RP - NPC's or Secondary characters?

Go down 
4 posters

Create NPC's or Have people control two characters
Create NPC's so each person has limited control.
Pirates RP - NPC's or Secondary characters? Vote_lcap25%Pirates RP - NPC's or Secondary characters? Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Have people take full control over an extra character.
Pirates RP - NPC's or Secondary characters? Vote_lcap0%Pirates RP - NPC's or Secondary characters? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Mixed thoughts. Leave some NPC's for limited control, but I'd like to have a secondary character too (make sure to post your thought)
Pirates RP - NPC's or Secondary characters? Vote_lcap75%Pirates RP - NPC's or Secondary characters? Vote_rcap
 75% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Helskyth

Helskyth

Pirates RP - NPC's or Secondary characters? Empty
PostSubject: Pirates RP - NPC's or Secondary characters?   Pirates RP - NPC's or Secondary characters? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 3:03 am

Kyoko posed a good point in his last post. Ivelia even hinted it when she made the RP; but the Treader has no "playable crew" and apparently we did take prisoners, including a doctor.

So should we be making some perma NPC's to slip in, or whose willing to take on another character role for the RPs Treader crew? Question
It's a shame we don't have more members on the site. Well... we do, but they've all vanished, along with Sno who was meant to be on our ship (Empress). Which also brings to the discussion, finding people to join in. me and Notte managed to convince a friend of ours to join up recently, so I might see if she wants to take part in the Pirates RP, or wait for a smaller group RP to come along. I'm sure we all know people who like writing and reading novels; and RPs are an excellent genre to fit into both.

I'll leave a vote on here to to help decide if its better to double up our playable characters for now, or if it's better to create NPC's; but for both cases, we'll work together to create NPC's, with Ivelia getting a final decision on those NPC's since she's the RP director. Thoughts? Smile

----
~edit~
I voted on mixed thoughts, because though I'd rather we used NPC's so everyone can take a limited bit of action in directing them, I'm not entirely against making two characters to control, as it allows the owner to conspire some ideas and plot among themselves. So long as said owner doesn't use it as an advantage to god mod themselves.
Though with NPC's, it's possible for one person to have ownership, so it's a secondary character they control, but left unguarded, said secondary could get influentially controlled by another player, so it remains a bit more balanced.
I suppose ti comes down to how well we construct any NPC's, especially if they're permanent.
Back to top Go down
http://www.studiowisp.com
NotteEterna

NotteEterna

PostSubject: Re: Pirates RP - NPC's or Secondary characters?   Pirates RP - NPC's or Secondary characters? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 3:25 am

Your edit leaves little for me to say with my thoughts.

Secondary characters~ That reminds me of good ol' Fiore~ v^v ...that damned thing possessing that poor innocent demon girl in its death. -*-

Basically as you said, secondaries are fine with me so long as they aren't used in god-modding. Though, them aside, NPC's are simply nice to have.
Back to top Go down
RoseReveries

RoseReveries

PostSubject: Re: Pirates RP - NPC's or Secondary characters?   Pirates RP - NPC's or Secondary characters? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 4:34 am

I like NPC's~ it allows me to be more lazy and have one less character to worry about posting for <3

I do suppose not everyone has my extreme laziness though, so they may want secondary characters. In my humble opinion more characters could lead to confusion~ I don't know~
Back to top Go down
Helskyth

Helskyth

PostSubject: Re: Pirates RP - NPC's or Secondary characters?   Pirates RP - NPC's or Secondary characters? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:21 am

its a good point Rose. I've seen RP's that've had too many NPC's, and it's gotten a little hectic (hence my notation about that in a previous thread about RPs I set up). It takes a little co-operative coordination from all those invovled to give key-NPC's particular the right involvement in the correct fashion. But I think since the Pirates RP is still just a group of 5 (6 if Sno ever returns from the abyss~), that we "could" pull it off... maybe? I don't think we should have too many though if we do. We've got a Doctor who tended to Ivelia already, so that's one if you think about it. Maybe your character, Lilly, could learn some stuff from him?
Back to top Go down
http://www.studiowisp.com
KyokoYei

KyokoYei

PostSubject: Re: Pirates RP - NPC's or Secondary characters?   Pirates RP - NPC's or Secondary characters? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 6:21 pm

Ohohoh. I wouldn't mind having a secondary character. Though I agree with Helskyth, too many NCP's is nuisance. Though most of the NCP's I've used where only used once or twice due to plot and then they vanished.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pirates RP - NPC's or Secondary characters?   Pirates RP - NPC's or Secondary characters? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pirates RP - NPC's or Secondary characters?
Page 1 of 1